View Single Post
Old November 6, 2013, 07:07 AM   #46
4runnerman

Semi- I used to shoot FTR. Then I had to admitt to my self that I can't shot off a Bi pod if my life depended on it. Switch to F Class. Im 52 and have a little bit of a wobble when I try FTR. That laying on the belly really help with that. I have a few that are trying to talk me into Bench Rest,but for now F Class is very fun and one humbling experience for me. I hold my own very well,but have so much to learn about doping the wind.

Ther's a lot of good people in here ( knowledge wise ). I can put a lot of faith in what Bart say's. The saying that still floats around a lot is--The 308 is inherently a very accurate rifle. More so than others in it class ( 30-30,30-06, 300 ) I believe this to be true. In all my matches and shooting time. I never see any one shooting any of those calibers in matches. Not that they are not as good,but you just don't see it. All the matches I go to, It is run by 308's,6.5,6MM,ect ect. Never a 30-06,243,25-06.300's. So I have to go with the 308 as the best in that category. I still stay with what I said earlier. The 308 is the best all around set up,but is the best at no one thing,just good at all of them. I think if just one rifle was to be purchased for hunting,matches,paper punching,varmint, ect,ect, The 308 would be the one to go with. But that's just MHO and I am old and out dated.Vintage 60 series model.

Last edited by 4runnerman; November 6, 2013 at 07:23 AM.

Page generated in 0.02088 seconds with 8 queries