View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 09:13 PM   #29
chaim

Hmm, your wife says no more guns unless you get rid of something??? It doesn't sound like you have that many guns. If it won't break your budget, and if it won't keep her from purchases she wants to make (assuming she isn't the last to make a large discretionary purchase), I don't see the problem. If you get the bulk of the discretionary purchases, or if it will keep you from paying bills, OK I can see her point. Otherwise...how would she like it if you banned her from buying something she really enjoys? I'm not a fan of adults telling other adults what to do without very good cause. Then again, don't listen to me, maybe that is why I'm still single at 42.

Anyway, as for the S&W 19, don't sell it. It is an extremely high demand, collectible and valuable revolver, and for very good reason. They tend to have glass smooth triggers (and if it doesn't, a little work from a good smith will get it there). They are accurate, and they are beautiful. They can't take a constant diet of the highest velocity magnums (unlike your 686), but they are incredibly nice guns.

I've sold quite a few guns over the years and I've regretted several of them. The only one I regret selling more than my 4" S&W 19 was my first year .41mag S&W 57 (actually, it is hard to tell which I more regret selling, selling both were pretty huge mistakes).

I'm a SIG fan. I love my SIG 290RS enough (and miss my 229 that I sold enough) that I recently purchased a .45ACP SIG 250 Compact. I get wanting the 2-sum, but don't sell the S&W 19 for one.

Page generated in 0.02317 seconds with 8 queries