Thread: better accuracy
View Single Post
Old July 16, 2006, 05:01 PM   #3
Minnesota Mike

Analysis of fliers...

I'll agree with CG as he is starting to ask the questions needed to start trouble shooting the situation. The range that you shoot at... ask them if they have a Coswell target troubleshooting card. It will show you several typical reasons for why shots end up where we don't expect. You are practicing dry firing and that is good... it will point out if you are flinching, anticipating, getting too much finger on the trigger, etc...

One thing for me that goofs me up from time to time is shooting different pistols I have. Move from an SA 1911 to a DA XD, then to a .357 revolver for instance and the triggers are all different. Different weights and distances will cause me to shoot a more open group until I settle down and find the remember what I'm feeling / shooting.

What did you have to eat or drink each day? Some days I go to the range to practice and it has been hectic at work.. and I've had too much coffee... might as well keep my gun in the bag and save the ammo.

Speaking of ammo, are you shooting good off the shelf brands? Are you shooting someone's reloads? An inconsitent reload can be the occasional flier.

So, many of us will have more questions for you. Find the trouble shooting card first, think about physical conditions next.

Minnesota Mike

Page generated in 0.02936 seconds with 8 queries