View Single Post
Old November 16, 2009, 02:21 PM   #262
Nomo4me

I've enjoyed looking at all the pics of other folks' setups here so will share mine.
I load in my furnace room. I didn't want to shrink my work bench by 1/2 by bolting presses to it. I also kind of liked the idea of having the presses mounted at a right angle to the scale/dispenser & cartridge prep area.

So I decided to mount my Co-ax and LNL AP to a 4x4 which is clamped in a German-made Schlegel brand vice on a Schlegel spring loaded riser, that mounted atop a stand made of 1/2" thick steel I had welded up way back in the day. I can raise/lower it or spin it backwards for easier access to the water heater.
The other vice with the Tikka .223 and RCBS Case Master is one made back in the day by an Alpine, TX fellow named Kesey Kimball. Kesey was a great Texas gentleman and custom gun builder. I don't know if this vice is still made but I wouldn't sell mine for any price. The jaws are urethane lined and one of them pivots so it grips any area of a gun stock without marring it in the slightest, even checkering.

Page generated in 0.02613 seconds with 8 queries