View Single Post
Old November 4, 2013, 10:37 AM   #31
F. Guffey

“So why do we worry about rim thickness?”

From post#12 Mike40-11,

“I have also had case head separations with S&B, even S&B factory loads. Twice! Happened in one day with one batch but, still, I won't even bother reloading it”

Reloaders are happy with suppliers that do not offer options, not me, problem, I want cases that do not fit, I want cases that are too long, I want cases with thick rims, I want belted cases that are long from the front of the belt to the case head. About the the time it was too late, R-P offered cylinder brass, a 30/06 type case with a 35 Whelen head stamp with a straight wall, the case was 2.650 long from the mouth of the case to the head of the case. HOW COULD A RELOADER MISS?!!

Just an observation but I believe suppliers would have trouble finding reloaders that would know how to take advantage of the added material. I have purchased cases from shooting ranges. Before purchasing I have measure the cases for length from the shoulder to the head of the case, WHY? I was looking for cases that had been fired in trashy old chamber that were long from the shoulder to the bolt face as in chambers with excessive head space.

http://www.z-hat.com/Cylinder.htm

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02260 seconds with 8 queries