View Single Post
Old July 11, 2013, 09:14 AM   #15
lagavulin62

It sounds like this is your first gun purchase. Correct me if I am wrong. So for a first time purchase my advice would be to stay away from the internet unless you go with Bud's. Just do a search and you will find their website. I say this because they have the best online reputation and you deal with them DIRECTLY. Going with Gunbroker or the almost always astronomical prices found on Guns America is ok once you get some experience buying online. Also too many variables with these two companies due to the fact that you would be buying from third parties. I would mention Davidson's as another very good possibility, however it's been years since I bought from them due to the fact they NEVER have anything in stock these days but the most boring of guns. But it never hurts to try them out either.

I like the fact that you know what you want. Make sure you have the SKU number of this particular gun so you are making a proper price comparison. Like others have said I would first try to find it locally. Either go in personally or call around and see what you get with prices.

One other very good option I have found in the past for new Rugers is the gun shows. As much of a waste of time gun shows have become, at least here in the Houston area I have found very good deals on new Ruger revolvers and if I was ever in the market for one this is the first place I would try after calling a few shops locally. If you have cash in hand you might be surprised at what you can save. Also you can hold the gun before making any commitments. And if anything goes wrong with the gun, no worries because you just send it in to the manufacturer.

That was a little winded but hope that helps.

Page generated in 0.01922 seconds with 8 queries