View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 01:30 AM   #32
Beemaster

I really like the M11-A1 as a try before I buy option, the drawback that gets me is the 32oz weight unloaded. I understand the steel and aluminum combo beefs up this refined (choose any word you wish from improved to hyped) changes over the M1/228 model.

I guess as an after thought, it can't hurt to lie a bit and tell people the M11-A1 is the gun Naval Aviation Pilots ( I work for Naval Aviators - I make high pressure steam to launch their jets from our test facility in Lakehurst, NJ) and having a gun similar to their service weapon sounds like a good tail to share with coworkers and friends.

My issues are simple. I am left handed and have a severed super-spanatus (sic) the main shoulder muscle which has atrophied and is in-operable. I have a 3 pound weight that I practice lifting to a shooting position and I know 3 pounds is a whole lot more than 2 but it does get challenging and that's not counting recoil, etc..

I do thought think I an fairly ambidextrous (I golf and bat righty) but I am very left-eye dominant - so as much as I would love a Sig, I think a lighter 9mm would likely allow me to shoot more without less post shooting day pain.

The FNX-9 seems like a great, less expensive, yet well rated choice weighing in at 10oz less with full ambi features and one thing I don't mind in a DA/SA is a decocker. I know the DA "is" the safety, but I'm thinking of my wife here too - she's a good multitasker and I don't think there could be enough safeties on a gun in her thinking.

Page generated in 0.04041 seconds with 8 queries