View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 04:50 PM   #44
Mike / Tx

I'm not going to argue one way or the other for or against using the FCD. I simply put in my own personal experience with the one I have. It, (the carbide ring on the bottom), sized my bullets down. I know this by both measuring them before and after running a few through, as well as measuring the actual pulled bullets from cases which were run into the FCD and those which were simply run into my standard die.

The cases which were run through the FCD were dummy rounds I was using in order to set the thing up in the first place. I used a half dozen or so and after reading the directions it only took a minor tweak to get the actual crimp perfect, however every other case I ran into it was sized by the ring before it ever got close to being crimped.

I ahd planned on using this same die for both my 45 Colt and my 454, but have since given up that plan as my standard dies do a great job. I really only went with the one for my 45 ACP in order to try and get some more consistency out of my loads. Like has been mentioned they aren't overly expensive, and I figured why not see what all the hub bub is about.

For loading jacketed bullets I doubt seriously that I would have ever even noticed it, especially since most of the jacketed I shoot are undersized compared to the lead ones.

Besides everyone who has ever done much with Lee products, has never gotten anything that was out of spec right.......

Page generated in 0.03448 seconds with 8 queries