View Single Post
Old August 23, 2011, 02:59 AM   #49
Viper225

Everyone worrys about printing. With cel phones, I-Pods, etc everyone is printing. I can carry my J Frame 638 under a hi quality long Tee Shirt, and no one notices. Being an ORG (Old Retired Guy) I have the Retired Guy Look down pat. Shirtail always out, Kaki Boonie hat, Flowerdy shirts, Fishing Shirts, etc.
The most important thing I have done for CCW is geting some better holsters. I have Lobo Model 1 pancakes for my 638 and 3" 625. I have an Enhanced Pancake on order for my 4" Model 64. For my 1911 I have the Askens Avenger style holster from Rafter S, and an Inside the Waist Band model. Good leather makes all the difference.
I have also had pockets added to the inside of jackets for my J Frame pocket holster.
Adjust your wardrobe for CCW. Get some shirts that are to be worn not tucked in. The South American/Cuban Dress shirts with the square long tail would be a good example. They look good, and fit loose enough to not print.

Billfold: This was mentioned above. I can get my billfold out carrying my 638 with no problem. Now carrying my 625 or 64 in a belt holster with longer barrels is a problem. I will get my billfold out before entering a store, and put it in a front pocket.

Bob

Page generated in 0.05543 seconds with 8 queries