View Single Post
Old September 3, 2009, 10:57 AM   #11
simonkenton

So the banana is a kind of good luck charm? Is this something unique to Florida hunters in general, or is this a magic charm just used by gator harpooners?
Give me the scoop, maybe I will try it next time I go deer hunting!

Cristy is either the daughter of Chris Plott, or else his little sister.

Yes they are the same family that came up with the Plott hound.
I grew up in the suburbs in Atlanta in the sixties. The Plotts were our next door neighbors. Their family was, indeed, from "up in the mountains" somewhere, I am not sure why Mr. Plott had moved to Atlanta.
They kept a couple of Plott hounds in the backyard in a fenced area, those dogs howled all the time.
Chris was a couple of years ahead of me, I didn't know him well, but I was good friends with his brother Phil. I can remember sitting in their basement, talking with Phil in 1966 and listening to Ga. Bulldog games on the radio.
Phil passed away in a tragic way as a young man, or else I imagine he would be in the family business today.
Connie, Chris' wife, was in my homeroom for 3 years so I knew her fairly well.

I haven't seen the Plotts in 40 years. We lived in north Atlanta, their tannery is in Griffin, which is 40 miles south of Atlanta, I hope and trust that they have gotten the hell out of the Big City, and that they now live out in the country, where they belong, near Griffin.

Page generated in 0.03551 seconds with 8 queries