View Single Post
Old October 7, 2001, 08:15 AM   #1
yankytrash

Silencers - Virginia

Well, in a couple 4 or 5 years my shooting range will be flanked by rental houses and a convenience store. Before the trouble starts, I'd to start researching possibilties of my obtaining a few silencers for my rifles.

I live in rural Va, with a county population of less than 10,000 (and that includes the jails). The local CLEO is pro-gun, and has actually gone so far as to help me out with an inheritance of AW's I had in the past.

My only prebans are an AR-15 SP1 and a Romanian Romak-III. I've got 4 or 5 other rifles that are not preban, and obviously have no threads or the threads are inaccessible without tools and much blood.

Am I correct in assuming silencers are NFA items? I did a search of the ATF's website and only came up with definitions, but no tax requirements.

Can anybody here walk me through the procedure for aquiring silencers in Va? When answering, assume there are no specific local ordinances banning such items, as there are not.

Also, can I get silencers for the post-ban weapons?

Also, do I have to pay tax on each silencer, or is it a 'package deal'. Is it a yearly fee, or a one time fee?

Thanks for your time.

Page generated in 0.02752 seconds with 8 queries