View Single Post
Old October 7, 2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Pointshoot

Non FFL Auction sellers - shipping by USPS

Hi guys - please pardon the following mini-rant. Recently I found several handguns that I've wanted for some time on auction sites. The sellers don't have an FFL, but state that they will ship the handgun by Priority Mail. I've messaged them with the US Postal Service link stating that a non-FFL cannot ship a handgun in the mail. They will have to go through an FFL or ship by expensive overnite UPS or FedX. So it can cost more using overnite than shipping through an FFL even considering the fees. After pointing this out, I've often found that the seller doesn't reply. I see that some of the sellers have sold quite a few guns, so I guess theyre shipping them without telling the postal service what's in the box. If the item gets lost, forget about any insurance coverage. Buyers and sellers should know this.

O.K. - rant off my chest. The handguns that I've been looking for will be available again some time and have a seller who knows (or cares) about what can & can't be done regarding shipping.

Page generated in 0.02291 seconds with 8 queries