Thread: Wis.wolf fee
View Single Post
Old August 1, 2012, 08:21 PM   #18
Hansam

Quote:
Tags?? Tags??? I don't need no stinking tags. The one I shot in the fall of 09 didn't ask for a tag. When he was about 30 feet away from the Lab I was grouse hunting with I issued HIM a tag with a 2.5" M19 w/158gr JHP. Hide???? Left him lie where he was, looked like he died of natural causes to me.....
There are circumstances where the killing of wild predators is necessary to protect your personal property. Your lab is your personal property and as such you were in the right to have shot him. Really you should have notified the local warren and the warren would have then taken the carcass for research purposes but you wouldn't have gotten into any trouble for it. I have friends who have had to do the same as you did with the exception being that they all called the DNR and reported the shooting. Farmers and land owners whose property is being threatened or suffering from predation can do the same. In these instances there is no need for a lottery and/or tags.

Quote:
Idaho is the place to hunt not Wisconsin with all the crazy hunting laws.And the DNR said in a news realease that they wanted to thin out the packs of wolfs they caved in to the tree huggers just like they did back in the early 80's about the killing of the black bears and that was told to me by a DNR warden!,and they did the same to wolf hunts 100 for the tag 10 to get in the lottery - the DNR is just another arm to get money into Madison!
If you don't like hunting in WI then don't. Go hunt in Idaho if that's what you believe. As for the DNR I'm not a fan of some of the things they're doing and frankly I think they're rather skewed on their estimates of how many deer are in the state and where but aside from that I've got nothing against them. In fact I hunt almost all year round (aside from the month or so in the dead of winter where I admit I'm too much of a wuss to go sit out in the cold) and I don't have any problems with the "crazy hunting laws" that you're complaining about. I know the wardens personally in the areas I hunt often and I can tell you they're good people who are just as avid hunters as any of us. Each and every one of them takes time off to go hunting and they also have to obey the laws that are here.

Frankly I don't understand why people complain so much about the laws here. We don't have magazine limits on guns aside from migratory bird hunting (3 shells in the gun max). So that means if you want to go out there with an AR or AK and walk around with a hundred round drum (if you want to carry all that weight) you can and nobody's going to bug you about it. Blaze orange requirements are there for your safety - I almost got shot during archery season by another hunter who was walking from his blind back to his car because because neither of us had blaze orange and he saw movement and thought it MIGHT be a deer so he shot. I tell you when that arrow flew past me I hit the ground and I had my 1911 drawn and ready to return fire while shouting curses till he started to wave and apologize. I was still tempted to shoot him... but didn't. While during bow hunting its not required I think its not unreasonable to require it during deer gun season. There are other laws and rules that you have to obey that some people might contest but really I don't see anything unreasonable about them. After all I've hunted here in WI two thirds of my life and I haven't had any problems with obeying the laws here AND having a good time.

Maybe the problem isn't with the laws but with the people who don't want to obey them?

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 8 queries