View Single Post
Old March 26, 2011, 06:54 PM   #17
Lost Sheep

Compromise?

So, what's wrong with a training to use a different drill?

STRB

Second-strike
Tap
Rack
(Assess) [added, thanks to fastbolt]
Bang

It will add a quarter to a half-second to a 3 or 4 second drill, and add it at the front end, where success would be the most valuable.

You could probably even do it with zero added time if the second strike is performed at the same time as you are emptying your off-hand and bringing it up to do the "tap".

And, yes, one does give up substantial trigger feel with a pure double action trigger as compared to Glock's "Safe-Action" and other makers' similar actions, but compared to a pistols like the CZ-75 and Taurus 92/99(true DA/SA triggers, as they are capable of being carried cocked and locked), you do really give up next to nothing.

Yes, we may be debating a molehill at the base of a mountain, but if I am down to the last three rounds in my backup magazine, I want every edge I can get.

Lost Sheep

p.s. warpig602, I thought I recognized a little sarcasm. But I wanted to suggest that the "Second-Strike" drill used with an auto gives a second strike, but the same drill performed exactly the same way with a revolver brings up a completely new round, much as the TRB does, but faster.

{Tongue-in-cheek alert} I suppose, if I were going into a gunfight where I EXPECTED a dud round, I would choose a double-action revolver, as the TRB for a wheelie is just, "pull the trigger again", which I can do much faster than a full TRB.

Page generated in 0.02704 seconds with 8 queries