View Single Post
Old December 10, 2009, 11:49 AM   #3
ClarkEMyers

You'll have to explain why tactical for carrying in the field?

Myself for that sort of thing I use the two point that shipped with my Colt 6920 - and if it hadn't I'd buy a length of nylon strap from REI.

There is no use for a tight loop sling on standard handguards - must use a float tube with a tight loop sling - and similarly in the field I'm never going to turn loose the rifle to make an emergency transition to a handgun while shooting ground squirrels. Thus all I need or can use is a simple carry strap and cheaper is as good as it gets. I'd be ashamed to call Blackhawk anything but tacticool myself. Let me hasten to add there's nothing wrong with tacticool - it's a legitimate category of pleasing oneself - when it's all about fun anyway.

If you really want to justify a tactical sling - take a few courses, read Green Eyes and Black Rifles (from memory may be some variant on the name) and do the drills to see what works see Larry Vicker's site, read Gabe Suarez and others and make a choice based on other gear worn at the same time and intended application. Most folks who benefit from a tactical sling have one issued or can hash it over with others in person - everybody else just needs a carry strap - except of course SAS types who insist the weapon should be in the hands anyway.

Again for a case define tactical - I like a case that says Paintball loudly, Brownell's just put a three gun case in the line because one of the family wanted one for his own use and so it goes.

Page generated in 0.03320 seconds with 8 queries