View Single Post
Old March 24, 2006, 02:28 PM   #12
alduro

pax you're right about it not affecting everyone as bad as myself....it doesn't. I watched one guy, white, dirty blond hair, recover in about 5 minutes. I watched a dark skinned black guy take 20 minutes with 3 foot snot strings hanging out. I'm not sure that skin color or tone has as much to do with is as your bodies histamine (spelling) reaction. As for throwing the foam, I could see that, especially if you hose them down. A quick burst is plenty.

Like I said, pepper foam doesn't negate training. Spray and scoot is the best thing to do. Some people know what to expect from it and may fight their way through it. I work with people who worked in corrections for years and even though they can "fight through it" they were still put at a large disadvantage when sprayed.

The only thing I am saying is that pepper foam could come in real handy for when you cannot carry a gun (a bar for example) or when a gun would be inappropriate (an unarmed attacker).

Lastly, foam doesn't have nearly the legal or civil liability that a gun has. We spend a lot of time talking about the final course of action (deadly force) I just thought I'd even out the field a bit and remind everyone that not every fight is a gun fight.

Page generated in 0.02024 seconds with 8 queries