View Single Post
Old February 7, 2011, 07:29 AM   #9
PIGMAN

I really like my DPMS although lots of AR fans here think this brand is substandard.I think for the price it is a great bang for the buck and if it breaks down there are lots of parts and these things are easy to repair compaired to the M1A.

M-1A is "old tech" which is not a bad thing,it is simply a big heavy battle rifle based on a 1930's design and less than my first choice for anything close quarters.This being said. if I could own only one rifle and it had to do everything I expect a rifle to be doing the M1A would for sure be on my very short list.

On the other hand since I own several rifles the DPMS M4 carbine suited my plan plus it costs quite a bit less than the M1A it is a well made firearm and is lighter weight. I also like DPMS carbine because it is compact and has .308 stopping power.If you get the DPMS THEIR SINGLE STAGE TRIGGERS SUCK so budget for an aftermarket two stage replacement.JP Enterprises makes a decent replacement.The pistol grip is lousy and I am happy with a replacement from Houge.

ANY of the firearms you are looking at are very desirable and have no fatal flaws.What mostly matteres is which one you like the best according to your personal tastes.I dont know of anyone who owns any of these arms that is disapointed.The only truly satisfactory solution to your delimma is just to buy em all.

Last edited by PIGMAN; February 7, 2011 at 07:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.03194 seconds with 8 queries