View Single Post
Old March 13, 2009, 01:32 AM   #49
Rich Miranda

Quote:
Does anyone really believe that, had the student advocated legalization of marijuana, the professor would have called ATF in the name of caution?
You can't shoot and kill 33 people with a joint. Is there a reason anyone should feel their lives could be in immediate danger from marijuana?

Quote:
What if the student advocated gun control? Would the good professor have alerted the campus police because guns were mentioned?
No, because the student's position would coincide with the misinformation the professor has absorbed through osmosis over her lifetime.

Quote:
This is a clear case of (a) liberal harassment of an idea they disagree with, and (b) liberal hypocrisy about freedom of speech on campus.
I disagree. People are scared. Scared people overreact. To eliminate the overreaction, one must remove the fears and insecurities.

As I said earlier, spreading real, factual information is the key. Right now there are no readily available (to non-gun aficionados) sources of positive information regarding firearms.

Quote:
This is how Columbia University can justify putting jew-hating, Holocaust-denying Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinijad on the dais in the name of free speech, but forbidding ROTC or military recruiters the same courtesy.
IMO, this is a faulty comparison fallacy.

Last edited by Rich Miranda; March 13, 2009 at 01:37 AM.

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 8 queries