View Single Post
Old April 4, 2006, 06:03 AM   #14
Picher

There are a lot of good .22 rifles out there, but not many will ever get into the GREAT category. The CZ 452 American has a big following due to it's good action and accuracy. It's fairly heavy and the pistol grip isn't especially comfortable for me, but they do shoot pretty well.

Probably the most popular rimfire rifle in this country is the Ruger 10-22. It is achieving greatness for it's flexibility and ability to morph into various shapes and uses. They can be made extremely accurate at little cost, or cloned and improved at very high cost. Everyone should own at least one.

It's hard to beat Anschutz rifles for accuracy and trigger quality. They are pricy and getting higher all the time, but used ones, especially those with the 64 and 64 action are great values and fantastic rifles.

The rifle that I really love is my Rem 504. It mimics the Rem 700 in feel, and mine is extremely accurate, after pillar bedding and some firing pin tuning. No rimfire rifle fits and feels like the 504. It has an excellent magazine and a rock solid receiver. Stocks vary, but are made by Boyds; mine is beautiful.

Lots of folks like the older Winchester 75, 52, 69, and pumps. Remingons, including the model 33, 37, 512, 513, 521, 540X, 541S, 541T, 581, and others are great rifles, though IMHO, the 541s are getting to be collectors models, like some of the old Winchesters.

This isn't a complete list, but probably a good start.

Picher

Last edited by Picher; April 4, 2006 at 03:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02993 seconds with 8 queries