View Single Post
Old September 30, 2005, 09:03 PM   #33
USP45usp

I know that it's not allowed to put forth my convictions or morals upon the board but in this case, I feel that it's appropriate.

It is morally wrong to allow a fellow innocent human die due to my inactions when I had the tools for the job upon my person.

I see with the naysayers two points of view:

1. I don't wish to help someone and then face the courts for my actions of trying to save a life.

2. My life is more important then theirs.

Harsh, yes, but that is what I'm basically getting from reading the replies (well, some of them).

Now, I'm not saying that you should commit suicide but if the oppurtunaty arises where you can take action then you should. If the situation seems to be a no win situation for the clerk and the customers (including you) and that you have a tool upon you to help, then you are morally right to take action.

I won't say anything if a person with the tools needed didn't take action, but I sure wouldn't give you the time of day or even call you friend if you allowed an innocent to die because you failed when the chance presented itself to save another. I don't care of the excuse given.

Sorry, but that is the way that I feel. Wrong or right in the eyes of the members here, that is just the values that I live by.

Wayne

edited: And I'm not shoving my morals or values down anyone's throat, it's just my opinion and that is all it is so please don't read into it.

Page generated in 0.03210 seconds with 8 queries