View Single Post
Old July 4, 2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Walt Sherrill

It's reliable, and a fine weapon, but if you're intent upon buying a NEW GUN, you can find 9mm guns that are about the same size and weight, and maybe even available for less. CZ discontinued all calibers but .380 several years ago for (CZ-83) guns imported to the US, and that's a pretty good sized gun for that caliber.

You have a good option: you can find almost new CZ-82s, which are essentially the same gun (minor differences), and they come in 9x18. Most can be had for under $250s (and sometimes for under $200), and there should be no problem getting parts, etc. The 9x18 round is a bit hotter, still easy to find, and no more expensive than .380.

Warning: if you look at a CZ-82 and examine the barrel, understand that it's a polygonal barrel; it doesn't having traditional rifling; that conspicuous lack of rifling (somewhat like a Glock barrel, but less obvious) will cause you to think the barrel is worn.

The CZ-82 I owned and the ones I've shot are all very accurate, despite barrels that looked worn out; they weren't. (A CZ-83 in that caliber would have the same type of barrel; the other models are, I think, have the standard land and groove rifling.)

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; July 6, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.03249 seconds with 8 queries