View Single Post
Old February 5, 2023, 05:24 PM   #8
Metal god

All good points but not my point . Couple new anti activist judges on the court and all that is moot is one of my points .

The other is our side for decades now have not done well in the court of public opinion . I hope you’re right but I can see more political pressure then ever been seen if all modern firearms restrictions are shot down . I agree the country as a whole may be against more gun control but basically completely removing them ???

What about background checks , do they pass the Bruen test ? Registration? Where firearms sales even tracked at all nation wide prior to the 14th amendment ?

The cases coming out of CA right now have spread sheets documenting all gun restrictions since the founding . What is clear from those spread sheets from founding to 1880 is that although there has not been nation wide restrictions . There are many restrictions from state to state . This seems to indicate although the Federal Government does not have a tradition of firearms restrictions. It is clear the state’s individually have been doing it since the founding . How that plays out in the text and tradition argument I’m not sure .

One of the newer or more aggressively argued points since Bruen by the anti’s . Is arguing accessories in General that you can attach to the firearm are not Firarms therefore can be regulated . Sights , grips , types of stocks , modified triggers , muzzle devices etc all are fare game which is an interesting argument to me .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; February 5, 2023 at 07:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02709 seconds with 8 queries