View Single Post
Old January 4, 2023, 03:41 PM   #98
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Is there any other statutes that wok in reverse like that ?
I would put the various "red flag" laws in that category. Presumption of guilt, and action taken, THEN, later, you get an opportunity to prove innocence.

Another one is, I think, longstanding in traffic laws where, if you refuse the breathalyzer, your license is automatically suspended/revoked.
I also put all the background checks and permit requirements into the same general group, you (or I) are required to prove out "good character" and legal qualifications before we are allowed to purchase, possess, carry, etc.

I'm sure there are other examples, as well. Situations where guilt is the assumption, and acted on prior to any proof, one way, or the other.

One point to note, about the NY "prohibited locations", is that it applies to NY PERMIT HOLDERS.

Now,. think about that, for a moment, permit holders, the ONE group of people that the state has checked out "six ways from sunday", and APPROVED, are not TRUSTED enough to be allowed to carry in those newly designated "sensitive" areas.

The requirements to get a pistol permit in NY a greater than the requirements to become a state legislator or even Governor. Or so it seems.

And yet, the people who ought to be the most trusted because they ARE checked and approved by the state, are prohibited from carry in the new sensitive areas, under contention right now.....

meanwhile the cops carry there, all the time, since its part of their official duties.....

does that seem right, to you??

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries