View Single Post
Old October 21, 2001, 04:38 PM   #15
PJR

Desert Rat:

My 11-87 went out of service after an o-ring went south at about 5 thousand rounds. The rear link came apart around 9 thousand IIRC and it was a bugger to fix. The Remington was the most sensitive about keeping clean. My Beretta wasn't as bad but it would get sluggish if you didn't clean it after 500 rounds or so.

Now, I am shooting clay targets and put a lot of rounds through I admit. Shooting on a lot of squads I've seen Remingtons pack it in and Berettas fail to function. I've never seen a Benelli not function but I will admit they are not as frequently seen in the target games.

In the duck blinds in freezing rain just about any gun can have problems. I've seen fewer with the guys shooting Benellis compared to the other semis with the possible exception of the Auto 5.

I do agree that I wouldn't choose one for anything other than hunting. In fact, after owning a couple I don't use them for anything. Over/under for clays, sxs for upland and pump guns (870 of course) for everything else -- waterfowl, deer, turkey and when things go bump in the night.

I'll give tactical forums a look.

Page generated in 0.03113 seconds with 8 queries