View Single Post
Old September 9, 2012, 09:58 PM   #40
Unclenick
Staff

James,

I've never had any N350—just N310 among VV's pistol powders—so I was surprised by your photo to see the grains were not black, which suggests no graphite (some powders don't have it these days). Graphite powder provides conductivity to bleed off static and also lubricates the press, but running N350 through it doesn't look like it will provide any. If you can get some, that would be best.

Meanwhile, any computer store should have some kind of anti-static screen cleaner. That will fix the inside of the hopper. Here, an anti-static spray is sold for clothing as an anti-cling spray for the ladies dresses. That would work, too, if you have something similar. Powdered graphite substitutes for lubrication purposes would be powdered Teflon and motor mica powder. Unlike graphite, these materials are both insulators, so they won't help with static, but they will lubricate. Motor mice used to be commonly used for electric motor brushes, if that fact helps you find any.

Did you notice if there was a relationship between how full the hopper was and how heavy the charges were? If so, the baffle I suggested earlier should help.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle

Page generated in 0.02207 seconds with 8 queries