View Single Post
Old February 4, 2001, 10:45 AM   #2
ea2

I have one (the Lee), and it works, but it is a mulit-station single stage press. It loads one at a time, and it is mostly plastic.

A primer feeding tray makes priming a bit nicer(additonal $10), but is prone to crudding up. The Lee comes with an assortment of shot and powder bushings (so you won't have to purchase per load requirement), but you cannot change out bushings unless the press is empty (both shot and powder). I've had mixed success with getting all of my crimps to look like factory, but I think it has to do with my rythm (once I get in a groove, they look good).

I'm and occasional shotgunner, so the Lee was a sensible and economical choice for me (hate to throw away empties).

If you're a big-time frequent clay shooter, you'd probably be better off with the MEC (which I think stands for Mayville Engineering Company).

Oh, and if you want to load buckshot, you can't charge the shot with the LEE (I don't know if MEC is different or not). With the Lee, you have to count pellets and place by hand.

Page generated in 0.02287 seconds with 8 queries