View Single Post
Old March 2, 2011, 09:45 PM   #18
Homer-Sm

To the OP. Do yourself a favor and spend a bit more than you feel comfortable doing now. In the long run you'll save money! Trust me on this one. If you're going to start shooting clays the gun will be the least expensive part of your yearly budget after 1 year.

For example at my club $3 round plus figure $5.50 per average on shells. I usually shoot al least 8 rounds per weekend equals $68. Say you shoot most every weekend but take a few off for winter and vacations and wife obligations.... so say 46 weekends you're at $3,128.

So as stated before me by people with a lot more years in this than me, take your time and buy something that fits and feels/points good for you. Also for relatively cheap money that is the best money I ever spent. get the shotgun "fitted" to you by an experienced fitter. Makes the sport so much more fun and get's rid of most kick-back so you can shoot comfortably all weekend long. Oh and you can actually hit what you're aiming at.

So to boil it down, I would suggest starting with a "B" gun at least (Browning/Beretta), and used is fine. After you break it out of the package and pattern it once you own a used gun so might as well save some money up front.

Oh and do you prefer 7.5's or 8"s You'll get this joke after a bit the most asked question in the world I think

Page generated in 0.03871 seconds with 8 queries