View Single Post
Old June 23, 2009, 11:15 PM   #11
maestro pistolero

I really don't see a problem. You are either a prohibited person or you are not. It works just fine in Alaska and Vermont, they have no problems even when examined on a per-capita basis, so why not? Here in Nevada, you don't need any special permit to LOC or have a loaded gun in your car (not concealed on your person, but on the seat, or anywhere else in the car) Again, no problems from those not otherwise prohibited. The police simply don't care, unless you are prohibited, or abusing the right somehow.

It's actually funny to me to listen to a typical anti-gun extremist's dramatic, irrational fear-driven, panicked story about what will happen when everyone is 'packing heat' like the old west. I do have sympathy for their fears, but in the same way I would have compassion for a mentally ill person who suffers from hallucinations. It's sad, but comical at the same time.

If you are a felon, convicted wife-beater, drug-abuser, or nutcase, you are already prohibited. There is built in permission for the police to haul YOU off, and leave the REST OF US alone.

Last edited by maestro pistolero; June 24, 2009 at 12:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.02061 seconds with 8 queries