View Single Post
Old April 28, 2005, 09:21 AM   #12
DennisD

RCPractitioner, first let me start by saying I’m trying to give an objective view. Yes you did some things differently than they should have been done. Did you have the rifle in a case when you placed it in the rack? If not then you were handling the weapon during a cease fire (I know you are safe and have been doing this for a long time but think about the guys next to you and the “new” range officer who don’t know you). Next you walked up to the bench to place your ammo there during the cease fire. At the range I go to you do not approach the bench during cease fire. You are behind the line until it is hot (only crossing to place targets but never handling anything on the bench, again think about the next guy who doesn’t know you or your safety practices). You argued with the range officer. Would you argue with a cop at a crime scene? The range officer is there to make sure everyone has a good and safe shooting experience. And lastly, the RO talked (hollered) with you during the hot line because at that time he was not as preoccupied with watching the range for violations of safe procedure. If I’m looking at this wrong, someone correct me. I’ve been at the range a few times when I wished the RO would have hollered at some of the shooters for unsafe practices.

Page generated in 0.03210 seconds with 8 queries