Thread: Personal Range
View Single Post
Old February 28, 2006, 09:44 PM   #17
riverrat66

My home made range

Quote:
I made my range with the side of a hill as the backstop. Even though my land is posted I'm still always concerned about someone walking up from the side while I'm shooting. I don't know what else to do other then put up warning signs along with the no trespassing signs because I can't afford to fence in 14 acres of land!
I feel I should have elaborated a little more on how I built my personal range on my property. It's 300 yds. long and about 100ft wide with 4x4" in the ground 4' deep with a 4x4' frame made from 2x4" and I use 2x4' ceiling tiles to attach my targets to. The ceiling tiles are cheap and easily replaced. The backdrop for my range is a natural hill with thick woods impossible to penetrate. I can move my shooting bench from one location to another as I have prepared a flat level surface at 100yd. increments. Up closer beginning at 50 ft. I have the area cleared and leveled with some barrels, a stack of wood, a pile of tires and other obstacles to form a makeshift "combat" range. I'm even thinking about adding an old automobile just for fun. When I dig my pond I'll use the dirt to "build up" the hill & sides even more. I would like at least 60 degrees on all three sides.

I'd like to do what Ga Johnny did and make some metal "swingers".

I hope this helps NoPlaceLeftToGo and his quest to build his own little range.

Page generated in 0.02146 seconds with 8 queries