Thread: Ruger SR9
View Single Post
Old October 4, 2018, 10:08 AM   #18
K_Mac

I understand the objections to the loaded chamber indicator. I like the tactile feedback it gives though and have made the same argument as haymaker in the past. I completely agree that knowing the condition of any gun is necessary, but being able to confirm what is already known with the touch of a finger is not a bad thing IMO.

When I bought my SR9c several years ago an external thumb safety or a longish DA trigger was a requirement. I've been carrying a handgun for a while now and a safe action trigger is now acceptable to me. That change happened after many hours of training and practice, and thousands of rounds fired. Anyone who is more comfortable with an external safety should use one as long as they understand the risk of failure to release the safety under stress. Either way, training and regular practice is essential.

Haymaker you can not have enough mechanical safeties to compensate for a failure of the one between your ears. Use what you're comfortable with, but it is the shooter and not the gun that is responsible for its discharge.

Page generated in 0.03282 seconds with 8 queries