View Single Post
Old September 20, 2018, 09:45 AM   #57
reinert

After thanking TFL folks replying to her OP in advance, and stating her request for suggestions in a light, humorous fashion (grizzly from a half mile away, yeah, she knows...) I believe the first 4 responses were probably all she needed for a solution, and that's just my opinion. She also stated, if I read it right, that, "I'M TRYING OUT 308s AND 30-06s." I took that to mean that she already knows what a fair amount of recoil means on the shoulder. And she was open to caliber suggestions, so, maybe, that's why the 30-30 or a caliber from a fast handling lever gun should/might/could mean as a good suggestion. The 30-30 is plenty of black bear medicine at 50ish yards; I have no doubt about that at all.

She also stated in her OP that, "THE INTERNET IS MAKING MY BRAIN HURT." Yeah, just still might. After her only making 2 posts on this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't respond again, and I don't believe I'd blame her.

BTW, RRookie, check out the 30-30 in a lever gun. If you can shoot a .308 or an '06, you'll be OK with the 30-30 hunting a black bear, and that's nothing more than my opinion, too.

Page generated in 0.04366 seconds with 8 queries