View Single Post
Old July 7, 2001, 02:35 AM   #8
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Are We a Vague Bunch, or What?

I'll toss in MY partial recollection, here.

Seems you have to take an empty .380 case and simulate a stove pipe condition--Block the slide open with the base of the case between the slide breech face and the rear of the barrel. Then drive out a transverse pin from the slide. This frees the breech block from the slide, so that when you draw back the slide, the breech block will drop free. I THINK this will allow you to run the slide forward off the frame.

This is NOT one of the world's finest firearms designs. Too bad, too--in spite of the reputation, this was a solidly-built little piece, with a convenient safety, and adequate accuracy. I've fired two which were quite reliable. One was owned by the love of my life, and she was really deadly with the thing. Main problems with the design were spotty quality control, and weight. For a pretty compact piece, it weighed a short ton. Also, there was something about the backstrap design that caused the percieved recoil to be very strong. Kind of like the 1934 Beretta. Lots of 9x19 mm pistols, lighter in weight, have less felt recoil.

Best regards,
Johnny

Page generated in 0.02579 seconds with 8 queries