Thread: My first 1911
View Single Post
Old November 3, 2012, 08:25 PM   #4
Creeper

Quote:
I have never owned a Springfield so I don't know the significance of the NM prefix, can you explain?
Your gun is made mostly in Brazil by IMBEL. Nothing to worry about... IMBEL forgings are good quality. The 'NM' doesn't mean National Match as some would believe but instead means that some (or rather "more") of the machining, including the all important slide rail machining and final fitting was done in the US.
NM marked guns... the Loaded, Trophy Match, Range Officer and TRP tend to be a bit more desirable than N marked guns, because of this variation.

If you ever want to remove the idiot mark... it's a bit time consuming, but not particularly hard.

Ah... sorry, missed that last bit. If you have an light bodied gun grease, particularly a grease designed for stainless, a thin film of that on the parts I mentioned would be nice. The grease isn't mandatory... just a good, evenly applied lubricant will be fine.

C

Last edited by Creeper; November 3, 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: to add stuff and things...

Page generated in 0.02704 seconds with 8 queries