View Single Post
Old August 29, 2012, 08:40 AM   #23
rodfac

J-Frame Smiths...like 'em...have owned 4 but now own two...the other two went to family members who liked too and managed to talk me out of 'em. They work well, shoot nicely, and will do all that you probably need doing in a SD situation on the street. Five shots ought to be enough....but...

For strictly pocket use, an Airweight is the answer, shrouded, with grips that you can get a good hold on to do the work that needs to be done in an instant. But for all that, I just have never been able to buy one that didn't have a visible hammer...just didn't look right.

My wife, daughter in law, both sons and I all carry in one manner or another, S&W J-frames. None of the guns is lacking a hammer...but I'll readily agree that a shrouded hammer makes more sense, even from the holster,...where I normally carry mine in the old FBI 4 o'clock position. Mine is that all steel M36 with the 3" tube in the lower photo...too heavy for pocket use, unless you're wearing a leather A-2 Air Force issue flying jacket.

Here are the pics...and don't you agree, that's a good lookin' trio o' Smiths... useful too. That last one is a 5"er, very handy in a Tom Threepersons holster on meadow walks...in .357 too.

Best Regards, but get the shrouded one, in aluminum alloy, for pocket use. Rod

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; August 29, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Page generated in 0.03819 seconds with 8 queries