View Single Post
Old July 9, 2010, 09:03 AM   #7
ZeSpectre

There are two aspects to being shot. The Psychological one where someone might go "oh Snap, I've been shot" and collapse in panic and terror, and the physical aspect of being shot. Hollywood has done an excellent job of training the general public to react to the psychology of being shot, but do you want to rely on Hollywood propaganda to save your life?

The majority of the time a human who gets shot thinks (Psychological) "oh, I've been injured, I don't want that to happen again" and ceases most/all aggressive actions.

BUT...those who don't do that (for whatever reason, drugs, psycho, high pain tolerance, adrenalin, distraction, etc.) will ONLY, let me stress that again, ONLY be stopped by severe physical trauma in one (or more) of three areas.

1) Central nervous system disruption (brain, spine)...the electrical signals that control the body can no longer be sent.

2) Support structure (skeleton) disjunction...if you break the supporting structure (bones) the muscles have no levers to move the body about.

3) Exsanguination (bleeding out)...If the blood pressure drops below a certain point there is no longer an oxygen supply to the brain and the central nervous system shuts down (going back to #1)

1 and 2 can take place instantly with a perfect shot, #3 can take ANY amount of time from about 12 seconds (how many times could someone stab you in 12 seconds?) to several hours.

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries