View Single Post
Old April 13, 2018, 01:02 AM   #53
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
From post #32:
Ah, I see. I took that to mean that restricting the entrants to only those who had survived a gunfight would result in eliminating virtually everyone from eligibility.
Quote:
I am under the impression that there were no right answers to the selection for those officers.
Cirillo makes it sound like he believes the higher the number of yes answers, the more likely a person is to survive a gunfight. In fact, he winds up the chapter by providing a hard threshold (7 yes answers) above which he believes a person "can make it" and says that if a person answers yes to all 12 they are "likely to walk away from almost any armed encounter".

It's not the list I would have made, but it's hard to argue with a solid record of success.
Quote:
And thank goodness they're not offering instruction on how to survive a deadly force encounter.
Indeed. Because we have video, it's unlikely that such a thing would happen. But I have no doubt that there are trainers out there touting personal experience from similar encounters where success is due to a combination of luck and even more incompetence on the part of the attacker. It's tempting for people to assume that experience always equates to valuable knowledge or a knack for training. In fact, it's often the case that neither assumption is true.

Page generated in 0.03295 seconds with 8 queries