View Single Post
Old December 24, 2020, 07:14 PM   #19
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
This still requires not only the purchase of another revolver, the modification of that revolver, and another another caliber of equipment and components just to do what already exists with the .41 mag. The versatility of being able to shoot three different rounds in one gun I get, but if you already owned a semi auto for 10mm/.40 why would you want a revolver for the same? Plus you lose the possibility of a lever in the same caliber for some rifle performance too. And the use of moon clips is also going to be mandatory to use .40 and 10mm. BUT, if you want to do it and have some fun doing it I’m all for it.
Good points, ones I've thought of and while it's not a dealbreaker, I do like the ability to use 10mm Auto without a moon clip, but being able to run 10mm Mag makes it worth doing. .40 S&W requires a moon clip in any 10mm revolver, be it Auto or Magnum. Most people who own a 10mm revolver already assume that it must use the moon clips to eject the cases, so that's not a big deal to them.

For those who already reload .40/10mm Auto, it requires nothing else in terms of equipment for 10mm Mag.

I don't have any interest in a lever action 10mm Mag and it's not like there are a lot of options for a lever in .41 Mag either other than Henry. There are companies that make 10mm Mag barrels for Thompson Center single shots, but I'd have no interest in them either in 10mm or .41 Mag.

All that said, if someone already owns a .41 Mag gun, then there's little need to get into 10mm Magnum. The 10mm Mag is for people like myself who are big into .40 and 10mm, but wouldn't mind having a revolver the size of a .357 that's basically capable of shooting .41 Mag power levels while also being able to shoot the shorter .40 and 10mm Auto, which they shoot in their semi autos.

The requirement to modify the 10mm revolvers tho is the biggest hurdle, one that would be removed if Ruger and S&W would chamber the revolvers in 10mm Mag, but they won't do that because they know how clueless potential buyers are when they see it's for 10mm Mag, not Auto and they'll think the ammo costs $2 a round and can only be found at the edge of the Earth, so they won't buy it.

Page generated in 0.03324 seconds with 8 queries