View Single Post
Old November 18, 2010, 12:56 PM   #43
SfcMac

CheapShooter I never really looked at your Signature But I'd like the Respectfully suggest a minor change
"GROWING OLD IS INEVITABLE. GROWING UP SHOULD BE MANDATORY"

Captain Stuart While I agree in principle with your statement about the CMP itself, I am adament about the lack of respect their forum has for others. Unforunately I was in several units who refused to allow their soldiers to buy from the DCM. This was always a command perogative. I retired in 2000, and 4 years after President Clinton reorganized the entire program. I only have one American Rifle The M1917 US Enfield I got it from and old Nam buddy and it has been in my possession for 30 years. I compete with her. I take her hunting. I have said this more than once I support the CMP itself and urge collectors of that rifle to deal with them. Old Msg Orest Micheals is like myself an old Retired NCO. He knows the Garand He spent his career around it. I on the other hand spent my 27 years in the Infantry, and the MPs. For what it is worth to you I started my Career with the M1 in 1958 I saw the M14 in 1961 and finally the M16 in Vietnam in 1965 When I came back in the M16 A2 was in service. I fail to understand why my not wanting an M1 is such a problem I own the famous bolt action rifles of Europe and the Second World War. My next weapon will be the Soviet SVT40 Tula or the Ak47 Kalashnikov. Well Captain I have said all I'm going to say If you wish to respond, by all means
SFC Paul McDermott US Army Retired

Page generated in 0.04100 seconds with 8 queries