View Single Post
Old January 26, 2010, 06:13 PM   #14
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

ET,
Quote:
right and wrong ammo to use when and where
Birdshot for birds, small game and clays... the finer shot (larger number) for smaller more frail game. Larger pellets (smaller number) for larger, tuffer game.

Buckshot for runnin' deer or HD. Slugs for stationary deer, hogs, bears and the sort and longer distance shots where buckshot would have lost energy and/or pattern density.

Quote:
All the ammo that can be used safely including 100 count bulk boxes that are at Wal-Mart so i don't have to go broke for a good day's shooting.
Any is safe... screw in chokes may limit shot to lead or steel only to a certain size.
The only caveat is an "over bored" barrel which will state NO SLUGS...

Quote:
Can I add a pistol grip to the stock or fore without losing the luxury of the long stock?
Depends on your use of the term...

The above is a pistol grip stock which I call a "standard stock" as most call the next one a pistol grip...

But for clarity I call it an "AR style stock"
I feel it limite the gun's versatility greatly over the "standard style"...
Quote:
Why are some guns called slug guns. Are they for slugs only.
There are 2 main types of slug gun... Both will have either rifle style sights or scope rail/mount. One is smooth bore and the sights make it easier for many shooters to maximize the range of the slugs. It will work fine for any shot but the sights are distracting for most shotgun games.

The other is rifled bore and is really only great for $abot $lugs and will throw doughnut shaped patterns as it spins the wad down the bore...

Hope this helps...
Brent

Page generated in 0.02530 seconds with 8 queries