View Single Post
Old January 28, 2019, 01:29 PM   #41
imp

The Sig is a good choice for a mass issued sidearm.

It's a striker fired gun, which is easier to train on compared to the M9, and while I've never served in the military, my experience with military trained shooters tells me they dont spend much time training with pistols.

The barrel is easily swapped for a threaded barrel for suppressed use, which is more difficult with the M9.

The entire grip module is replaceable, both to change grip diameter for people with larger or smaller hands than average, and from full sized to compact and subcompact to accommodate concealment priorities. Also entirely different grip profiles are available with more to come. This is an advantage over the Glock and S&W, where only backstraps are replaceable, and on par with the new beretta pistol. The big caveat to this is the fact that the DOD bureaucracy will probably hinder the issue of particular grip modules to the troops.

It's as cheap, accurate, and reliable as the competitors entries.

Truthfully, the only question I have is whether the new procurement is important enough to justify the financial output, but that is something for the bean counters to figure out, and they decided it was.

Page generated in 0.02727 seconds with 8 queries