View Single Post
Old January 4, 2019, 09:48 AM   #75
tipoc

Quote:
Where is this database that records accidents across all police departments that you have access to (and does it account for the fact that it's pretty understandable for the most issued firearm to have the most negligent discharges by number)?
Figures for several major police departments regarding this have been available on the web for a number of years now. NYC, LAPD, LA Sheriffs, Chigago and others. These are searchable.

There are no figures that cover all police departments in the U.S. I did not say or imply that there were. Not all Depts. make these records public, possibly most don't.

Glocks do not uniformly have the most unintended discharges in the Depts. that report them by gun and describe the reason. I did not say that they did and there is no evidence that they do. But there is evidence that they have certain types of unintended discharges at a higher rate than other guns. The term "Glock leg" emerged from law enforcement about two decades ago to describe the prevalence of the holstering issue. The discharging when being taken down is well recorded with special care being paid to instructing folks in that issue.

I want to repeat that there is no evidence that Glocks have more unintended discharges than other guns. But they do have issues particular to them. These reasons and features are valid reasons for a person passing on Glock.

tipoc
4. Identify your target and know what is beyond it.

Page generated in 0.02768 seconds with 8 queries