View Single Post
Old January 21, 2009, 11:35 PM   #29
SigfanTN

Quote:
This video interview is undeniable proof of the value of carrying... NOT "having it handy".
+1

That having been said sometimes I carry at home and sometimes I just have it handy, but I don't have kids. If I had kids, I would certainly have it ON me, not near me. Children are some of the most inquisitive, resourceful and agile humans around. I would not underestimate how "handy" might be too accessible in my house for a child. As far as questions...children should receive honest answers about firearms so the taboo and curiosity is removed.

Quote:
So me dressed as Rambo in my house...grenades and .50 cal machine gun, lets throw in the bazooka in there also....is that paranoid? or you just gonna write that off as protecting my self?
#18indycolts, prepare for some flack
Up to this point you stated your opinion and that was okay since everyone gets to make that choice for themselves how secure they feel and to what lengths they will go to protect themselves. I feel the above statement is unfair, though, because you are comparing someone lawfully carrying in their own home (which is legal in the vast majority of our country) to someone who may have gone off the deep end.

You made it clear it's not your choice, but to portray someone who chooses otherwise in their own home as a maniac is just weak IMO. Does the difference of opinions bother you that much?

So, with that out of the way, what did you think of the video interview of the man's story? Keep in mind he was not at home.

Page generated in 0.03239 seconds with 8 queries