View Single Post
Old January 21, 2018, 03:50 AM   #17
stephen426

I will jump into this one. I bought the Crimson Trace light/laser combo for my Glock 43. It has a switch that allows you to select light only, laser only, or combination. It goes over the trigger guard and makes the front end a bit bulkier. It does help breakup the outline a bit though.

https://www.crimsontrace.com/01-5280

As for the use of the light, I acknowledge that the light can be a target that will attract incoming rounds. It is pretty bright and can make it hard for them to see. The thing is people are rarely in a situation where there is no light at all and they would still be visible to an attacker.

The other argument against is that you are basically pointing your gun at anything you are illuminating.

Now here are the pros.
- Ease of Use: The Crimson Trace is activated by the switch on the grip, meaning that it can easily be turned off. The activation is instinctive and does not require any real thought or extra action.
- You want to clearly identify the target rather than taking a "shot in the dark".
- Your weak hand may be occupied or injured. If that is the case, you will have no light without a weapon mounted light.
- Most of us shoot way better with 2 hands rather than one handed (and the other hand far away from your body). You will be able to control the gun far better and make follow up shots faster.

In the end, decide for yourself what is right. I carry a flashlight in my pocket regardless and have a light laser combo on my carry gun.

Page generated in 0.02834 seconds with 8 queries