Thread: Gen 5 Glock 17
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 12:33 AM   #7
greentick

I also got a G17 gen5 recently and love it. I got a G20 in 1991 and a G26 in 1996ish. There was a G19 in there as well but when the 26 came along the 19 went to a friend. I was a poor student at the time.

Anyhow, I shot the new G17 the day after getting my hands on it and then shot a 2gun match the next day. I thought is was very soft shooting with 115gr rounds and with the magpul 21rd mags you can shoot a bunch before reloading. I do like the flared magwell. I thought it shot very accurately but don't have a big enough, objective sample to say it's due to the new barrel rifling. I do like that they returned to no finger grooves (my G20 and G19 didn't have them). I think some ppl like the grooves and Glock should keep it as a factory option.

I ended up getting one with the forward serrations and the slide cut for an RDS. I haven't decided if I like the serrations or not. I haven't put an RDS on it yet but that's on the radar.

I put a ghost 3.5 connector in it after the match and lightened the trigger safety spring. I may put the factory connector back in, it seems to be coated in something very slick and strangely enough I like the feel of it.

All in all, I liked it more than I thought I would (and I knew I would like it lol). If you can get one on the "blue label" program it's a great deal as well.

Page generated in 0.02390 seconds with 8 queries