View Single Post
Old March 29, 2017, 03:36 PM   #84
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosedhorse
That is not the definition of a "boundary violation." Please see post #73.
I saw your post #73, and I looked at the link. That's only one definition, from one specific institution, but IMHO it still fits.

Quote:
Boundary Violation
When one does not distinguish between his or her own personal and emotional needs from those presented by the patient. It refers to over-stepping boundaries that jeopardize and compromise the therapeutic relationship.
For example: If I go to my doctor (as I recently did) to follow up on a surgical procedure performed last year (gallbladder removal), I have no personal or emotional need to discuss firearms in my home. I'm there to see if I'm recovered from the operation. But the doctor's standard intake form included a number of questions unrelated to the purpose of my visit, including a couple about firearms.

Despite the fact that I wasn't there to talk about anything other than my gallbladder (or lack thereof), the doctor nonetheless asked a number of questions relating to other things that might or might not be going on in my life. Things that don't affect my health, except perhaps in some extremely tenuous and undemonstrable way.

By the definition YOU provided, that's a boundary violation.

Page generated in 0.02068 seconds with 8 queries