View Single Post
Old August 14, 2012, 06:16 PM   #8
jmr40

Colt has a lot more competition now. I still think they are probably the best gun in the $1,000 category. But there are a lot of $700-$800 guns that many would argue are just as good. If the Colt is better, it ain't by much. I chose to go with 3 rifles in the $700-$750 range. At this point it would have been impossible for the Colt to have been any better. All of mine have been perfect. I have a Stag, a Rock River lower with PSA upper, and a PSA. Some day I may regret my decision, but for now I'm happy with my decision.

The biggest argument I can think of for buying the Colt is resale value. It will always sell for a greater percentage of it's original price even if it is in reality no better. I seriously considered that with my last purchase. My options were PSA @ $750 or Colt @ $1100. For just $350 more I strongly consdered the Colt, but I had a FN pistol I wanted to trade. The store with the Colt didn't want to trade. The store with the PSA gave me a very fair price on trade. The out of pocket difference including tax was over $900. I traded the pistol and $250 OTD on the PSA. The Colt with tax would have been $1173.

Page generated in 0.06648 seconds with 8 queries