View Single Post
Old June 8, 2019, 09:36 AM   #13
SATRP

Mornin' SureShot,

I agree. American craftsmen are the best in the world. However, extraneous constraints; e.g., lawyers and their chicanery (they "legally" steal what others produce), have placed onerous burdens upon our craftsmen to compete at competitive prices.

I used to own a Winchester/USRA Model 70 CRF. I was unimpressed. At best, it was a mediocre shooter. I sold it.

Sako just might be the best factory production rifle. My stock Sakos will shoot .25" @ a hundred or less. My opinion is the Sako AV action is superior to the Mauser 98. CRF is a marketing gimmick. I've never seen an original Remington Model 700 action fail to do anything but shoot very tiny groups.

I am so impressed with my Model 100 that I have an order in for a wooden stocked Sauer 101 .243 Win. They're back ordered. The price was too good to pass up for German engineering, manufacturing, and quality.

A less known attribute of German guns is Germany has the best steel in the world. Solingen, Germany produces steel with no close second. Sloingen Germany is known as the City of Blades. The world's best blades are engraved, "Solingen Steel".

Page generated in 0.02626 seconds with 8 queries