View Single Post
Old October 7, 1999, 12:15 PM   #1
Futo Inu

Since I notice that many people use traditional IWB holsters for concealed carry, this question has been bugging me for some time:

I personally cannot see why anyone would buy or use a "non-tuckable" IWB, but instead use either a tuckable IWB, OR use a BS or paddle or shoulder, because you really can't conceal a regular IWB anyway, can you, without the same sort of garment that would cover the others (i.e. a jacket). So therefore why would you put up with the discomfort of an IWB unless it was a deep cover "tuckable"? Is it because you are concealing with say, a sweatshirt, sweater, or simply an untucked t-shirt? I can see using an IWB with the first two, I suppose, but what about the summertime? - If you are using just an untucked ordinary t-shirt or other thin shirt, you're going to print badly, aren't you, because the looseness of the untucked shirt will cause it to press against the gun's outline, and also "pull up" above the beltline when you bend down, etc. (unless you're sporting gangsta-wear). If, on the other hand, you use a tuckable IWB, then the "pooch", for lack of a better term, immediately above the belt-line, caused by the tuck itself, will form a "cavity" within which the gun is held; therefore much less printing. Maybe you guys are wearing vests or something. My point is, as long as you must wear a jacket, wouldn't you be much more comfortable with a non-IWB?

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited October 07, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.03278 seconds with 8 queries