View Single Post
Old November 17, 2018, 11:37 AM   #20
briandg

Quote:
When you are followed by someone and confronted in such a manner what does the law say? Is someone following you like that stalking you? Obvious road rage incident. But what does such action fall under according to the law? Probably should of made a police report. But it turned out alright so I just left. I am in Tennessee by the way. Should I have made a police report? What would such actions be construed as under the law?
I cannot find a full and official legal code for tennessee but several sites that seem reliable provide this code for simple assault. This fits right in with other state codes.

Quote:
Assault (Simple Assault): Assault is defined as either intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causing bodily injury to another; or, intentionally or knowingly causing another to reasonably fear imminent bodily harm. It is charged as a misdemeanor.
He obviously pursued you for several miles, eventually stopping when you did. He launched into a tirade that you weren't above the law.

Quote:
Went past my house because I didn't know want him to know where I lived.
You were obviously, and reasonably so, concerned that the guy was a nutter and that whether it was your life or just your mailbox, the guy who was following you meant to cause trouble.

this event is clearly and specifically assault by definition of his actions, and he clearly and obviously did it deliberately. Malicious intent? Dunno, but it was still deliberate, and that is what the code specifies, deliberateness, with no requirement for malicious intent.

There it is, as close to official as I can get, the assault code for the state of tennessee.

Page generated in 0.02782 seconds with 8 queries